Club Constitution and Rules
- The club shall be called the NORMANTON CAMERA CLUB, and membership will be open to all interested
- Membership of the club implies the undertaking to comply with, and abide by, these rules.
- Subscription:The club Subscription shall be fixed at the Annual General Meeting
- Subscriptions are due at the commencement of each Annual Syllabus Session from the opening night onwards
- For new members joining after the date of the Annual Exhibition, half the normal subscription is payment for the remainder
of the current session.
- The Officers shall consist of:-
President, Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, General Secretary, Syllabus Secretary and Membership Secretary.
- Committee: The affairs of the club shall be managed by a committee consisting of a maximum of 14 persons to include
ex-officio members (except vice presidents) and duly elected members of the club.
- All to be elected annually.
- The election of officers and committee shall take place at the Annual General Meeting. All retiring officers and committee
are eligible for re-election.
- A majority vote decisive.
- The Chair to have a casting vote.
- The consent of nominees for election must first be obtained before their names are put forward by a proposer and a seconder.
- A.G.M. Agenda: Matters for inclusion on the Agenda at the Annual General Meeting shall be given to the secretary in
writing at least 14 days before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
- Special meetings may be convened on a requisition signed by a membership quorum of 25% of the members, stating the
object of the special meeting, and sent to the secretary at least 14 days before the date proposed.
- Quorum: At committee meetings, 50% shall form a quorum. At the A.G.M. 25% of the membership shall form a quorum.
- Duties: The secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings and conduct the correspondence of the club. The treasurer
shall be responsible for all the financial business of the club, for keeping adequate records, and a balance sheet at the A.G.M.
- Out Payments where possible should be made by cheque.
- In addition to the treasurer, the Chair and secretary to be authorised to sign cheques. The treasurer and one other to suffice.
- Disciplinary Matters: A member may be expelled or asked to resign from the club at the discretion of the committee.
The committee can request a member to appear before it, provided that where any accusation or charge is made the member shall be
given full and reasonable opportunity to put forward a defence and bring witnesses at a later meeting.
- Any member expelled or asked to resign shall have the right of appeal to a Special General Meeting called for the purpose.
- All committee proceedings and those of any Special General Meeting called under this rule shall be treated as privileged
- Arrears: The name of any participating club member whose subscription is more than four months in arrears may be removed
from the membership list by order of the committee after the member concerned has been first informed in writing of the arrears
- Changing Rules: The committee shall be employed to make any supplementary addition or alteration to these rules that
may be required for the more efficient working of the club, provided that such alterations are first exhibited on the club notice
board for three ordinary meeting nights.
- Any member having any objection to any such amendment can ask for the matter to be voted upon at any of the three ordinary meetings
at which the notice is exhibited in which case the majority shall decide.
- In the event of no objection, the amendment shall become effective.
- Exhibitions and Competitions shall be in accordance with the exhibition schedule produced by the committee.
- Powers of Co-Option: The Committee shall have the power to co-opt for specific purposes not more than two members of
the club, such co-opted members having the rights and privileges of elected members.
- Dissolution: If the Committee decided at any time that on the grounds of expense or otherwise, it is necessary or advisable
to dissolve the club, it shall call a meeting of all fully paid up members of the club, of which meeting not less than fourteen
days notice (stating the terms of the resolution to be proposed thereat) shall be given by posting upon the club notice board (or
in writing to each member).
- In the event of the club being dissolved, any assets remaining after payment of outstanding debts and liabilities, shall be
transferred to some other charitable institution or institutions, having objectives similar to the club.
Conversely, should debts
and liabilities be accrued, they shall be met and shared by the remaining fully paid up club members.
HEALTH & SAFETY
At the beginning of each session and when visitors are present the Chairman will make those in attendance
aware of the location of emergency exits and the location of assembly points should evacuation of the building be required. When setting
up equipment members will ensure all is in safe working order. All trailing electrical cables and other tripping hazards will be taped
to the floor before the meeting room is populated. Normanton Camera Club is covered for Public Liability Insurance under the PAGB scheme
and is renewed every year.
POLICY ON YOUNG PERSONS AND VULNERABLE ADULTS ATTENDING CLUB MEETINGS AND ACTIVITIES
purposes of this policy “young person” shall refer to anyone below the age of 18 years. This policy is intended to safeguard young persons
or vulnerable adults from the possibility of sexual, emotional or physical harm or exploitation. There is no requirement for members
to have DBS clearance if young people or vulnerable adults attend club functions for any reason. Whilst Normanton Camera Club does not
have a lower age limit for membership the club shall require the written permission of a parent or legal guardian before a person under
the age of 18 becomes a member. This rule is not intended to prevent the casual attendance of minors at exhibitions or similar events.
Any person over the age of 18 years may attend the club as a model for portrait sessions provided they have signed the standard consent/release
form. However, models should be encouraged to be accompanied by a close friend or relative. Persons under the age of 18 years may also
model at portrait sessions under the following rules: They must be accompanied by a responsible adult (preferably a parent or legal
guardian) The consent/release form shall be countersigned by the responsible adult. The model must not be pressured to pose in a way
that may be age inappropriate. Whilst the portrayal of the nude form is an established and valid form of photography young people should
not be encouraged to view or capture such images during club activities. This does not mean that young people should be barred from
club sessions where nude images may be displayed but no undue emphasis should be given to the subject. At external portrait sessions
young people will only be photographed at the request of a parent or guardian and consent is assumed. All images will be deleted at
the end of each session.
Normanton Camera Club is a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation and is exempt from the requirement to notify
under the Data Protection Act 1998.
To comply with the exemption from notification the processing of data is only used for the following
Establishing or maintaining membership
Supporting the club; or
Providing or administering activities for either
the members or those who have regular (not necessarily frequent) contact with the club.
The data stored will be restricted to:
Name (including any photographic awards)
Date of Birth
Members can “opt-out” of receiving Electronic Mail by contacting the Club Secretary. Members who have not paid their annual
subscription by 30th November will be removed from all email circulation lists.
The Club Secretary is responsible for ensuring the
accuracy and safe keeping of the data held by Normanton Camera Club